Vetterworld

Logic, reason and deep psychological problems displayed for your amusement

Friday, December 10, 2004

My Brush With Insta-Greatness

So because I am a dork and a loser, here I was wasting my Friday night farting around online and I decided to check my name on the Yahoo Search engine, when lo & behold, I had an Instapundit mention way back in 2002! How funny that just today I was whining to Jeff Atrocity about my vain attempts at blog whoring the great one...

April 23, 2002

BRILL'S CONTENT from beyond the grave. Well, sort of. Reader Eric Vetter writes:

With some embarrassment I admit that I was a subscriber to Brill's Content [back before I figured out that the Blogs did what he pretended to do...] Anyway, I got a copy of Mother Jones today stating that "The balance of your Brill's Content subscription has been transferred to Mother Jones Magazine." Need I say more?
That's quite odd.
posted at 11:24 PM by Glenn Reynolds

Ah the irony of it all...

4 Comments:

At December 10, 2004 at 9:18 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

This hardly counts as an Instalaunch, my friend. More like an Insta-miss ;p

 
At December 11, 2004 at 3:30 PM, Blogger eric vetter said...

What a bitter little man you are, Mister Atrocity...

 
At January 29, 2005 at 3:47 PM, Blogger LEX2000 said...

What kind of a "reader" are you, anyway, Eric? You didn't even read a post about yourself?

I now recant any allusions I've ever made to the vanity of Eric Vetter.

 
At January 30, 2005 at 3:10 PM, Blogger Korla said...

Gee, at least you actually had an actual Instalanche. I had one back in October, but it may not have been "legitimate," since Ann Althouse was guestblogging for Glenn at the time.

Of course, even then, it had the surprising side effect of forcing me to upgrade my hosting bandwidth. Well, freedom isn't free, so why should an Instalanche be?

I also just found today that you linked to that same post (the Infamous Monsters separated-at-birth parody). Thanks, belatedly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home